Irvine Park Railroad has established rules and regulations for the visitors and their guests who rent our event areas to help ensure that these areas remain safe, beautiful and clean for all visitors.
IRVINE PARK RAILROAD PARTY PAVILION
RENTAL AGREEMENT AND RULES/REGULATIONS
EFFECTIVE: JUNE 1, 2021
- Visitors must strictly adhere to the current State of California, County of Orange and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 guidelines. If you and/or your guests do not follow current State of California public health guidelines, relating to COVID-19 or any other public health issue, Irvine Park Railroad management and/or the park rangers may ask you to vacate the premises at any time. A refund for the party pavilion rental will not be issued in cases where rules, regulations, guidelines or policies have been violated and eviction becomes necessary.
- I further understand and accept that rental of a pavilion space will necessarily place persons in close physical contact with one another, some or all of whom may be infected by the COVID-19 virus, thus subjecting such persons to the risk of contracting COVID-19. I further understand and accept that the risk of contracting COVID-19 under these circumstances is one that I expressly assume and from which I release and discharge the County of Orange, Irvine Park Railroad, Inc. and all persons and organizations affiliated therewith from all liability due to infection with the COVID-19 virus. I understand and accept that by executing this Agreement, I am giving up any right to sue Irvine Park Railroad, Inc., or the County of Orange or any persons or organizations affiliated therewith for any injuries or damages sustained due to infection with the COVID-19 virus as a result of use of a pavilion space.
Outside Vendor Regulations
- If you plan to use any outside vendor (e.g., caterer, face painter, moon bounce, animal show, etc.) you, as the individual who rents the space, must obtain a permit from the County of Orange ($75.00 fee). For an approved vendors list, please visit www.ocparks.com. The presence of a vendor on the approved vendors list does not constitute any recommendation of the vendor’s equipment or services by Irvine Park Railroad or the County of Orange. You can contact the County at (949) 585-6447 for further information. The County of Orange recommends obtaining permits at least 30 days in advance.
- All such vendors must obtain and keep in force a Comprehensive General Liability policy of insurance protecting Irvine Park Railroad and County of Orange against claims for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage arising out of service that the vendor provides and vendor’s use and occupancy of the premises at Irvine Regional Park and all areas appurtenant thereto. Such insurance shall be on an occurrence basis providing single limit coverage in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) per occurrence with an annual aggregate limit of not less than Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000.00). Irvine Park Railroad and County of Orange must be named as additional insureds on the liability insurance policies of all vendors you hire for your event. The policy shall not contain any intra-insured exclusions as between insured persons or organizations but shall include contractual liability coverage for liability assumed under this Agreement as an “insured contract” for the performance of vendor’s obligations under this Agreement. The limits of said insurance shall not, however, limit the liability of vendor nor release vendor of any obligation hereunder. Vendor’s insurance shall be primary to and not contributory with any similar insurance carried by Irvine Park Railroad or the County of Orange, whose insurance shall be considered excess only. The above-described insurance policy shall be endorsed, expressly naming or otherwise identifying Irvine Park Railroad and County of Orange as additional insureds for the insurance, with policy limits, specified above. Vendor’s obligation to maintain the insurance coverage specified above will not relieve vendor of its indemnification obligations under the Indemnification Agreement (Exhibit 2). The vendor is also required to sign. Irvine Park Railroad must, without exception, receive: (a) A copy of the Additional Insured Insurance Policy Endorsement (“Endorsement”); and (b) A valid, current Certificate of Liability Insurance (ACORD Form or equivalent Certificate) confirming that Irvine Park Railroad and County of Orange are additional insureds for the insurance, with policy limits specified above, no less than fourteen (14) days prior to your event. Failure to comply with this time requirement may result in the cancellation or postponement of your event.
- As a condition of being allowed access to the premises at Irvine Regional Park, vendor must itself sign a separate indemnification agreement indemnifying and holding harmless Irvine Park Railroad and County of Orange from all liability arising out of vendor’s services performed and presence at Irvine Regional Park. That separate indemnification agreement is attached hereto as Exhibit 2. You are responsible for obtaining the vendor’s signature on the indemnification agreement. All such vendors must also obtain Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability insurance containing the following coverage limits: each accident ($1,000,000.00); disease – each employee ($1,000,000.00); and disease – policy limit ($1,000,000.00) and Automobile Liability insurance containing a combined single limit of $1,000,000.00 each accident. Irvine Park Railroad must, without exception, receive a copy of the vendor’s signed indemnification agreement no less than fourteen (14) days prior to your event.
General Rules and Regulations
- Food trucks are not allowed in Irvine Regional Park.
- Area rental fee is non-refundable. No exceptions.
- Force Majuere: Should Irvine Park Railroad or Irvine Regional Park close close due if circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to acts of God (including fire/fire camps), weather (including rain and/or wind on the day of the event), government authority, and other circumstances beyond our control (including insects), you will be issued a full refund. This is the only reason a refund will be issued.
- Never leave a hot BBQ unattended by an adult. There is a serious risk of burn injury if the BBQ is left unattended.
- Area rental is yours for the entire day. Please check www.ocparks.com to view current park hours. You may start setting up your event area as early as the park opens and must cleanup and vacate your area before the park closes.
- Guests must enter the event area using the entrance. Crossing train tracks or climbing fences to enter event area is prohibited.
- Climbing on hills, trees, rocks, fences, structures, or props of any kind is prohibited.
- Organized or team games inside of area rental are prohibited (e.g., baseball, volleyball, horseshoes, etc.).
- Waterslides, water balloons, pools or use of sprinklers, are not allowed in area rental or anywhere else inside of Irvine Regional Park.
- Amplified sound (e.g., disc jockeys, karaoke machines) are not permitted in area rental or anywhere else inside of Irvine Regional Park.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited anywhere inside of Irvine Regional Park. Groups that use alcohol will be cited and evicted from the park.
- All rental areas must be cleaned of party decorations and trash after your event. Trash cans are conveniently located in each rental area. If it becomes necessary for Irvine Park Railroad to clean your area rental, a $100.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
- Parking for Irvine Regional Park is $3.00 on weekdays, $5.00 on weekends, and $7.00 on holidays.
- Irvine Regional Park entrance fees are the responsibility of park visitors. Entrance fees are governed by the County of Orange. Irvine Park Railroad does not govern the park entrance fees and is not responsible for paying such fees.
- Irvine Park Railroad cannot reserve parking for any event held at an area rental. We encourage you and guests to arrive at the park early to secure a parking spot near the area rental. You and your guests should plan on arriving even earlier on weekends and holidays.
- Please note that Irvine Park Railroad hosts several special events throughout the year (Anniversary Celebration, Fourth Grade Education Program, Easter Eggstravanganza, Pumpkin Patch, and Christmas Train). If you have rented an event area during the special event, plan to arrive and start your party early to avoid any entrance or parking delays.
- Once parking gets full, Irvine Park Railroad is not responsible for getting you or your guests through the front gate. The County of Orange will not allow vehicles past the front gate once parking lots are full.
- Irvine Park Railroad can keep a running tab for guests that have rented an event area with us for train on the day of your party. Any unused tokens can be returned at the end of the day. Final payment is due at that time. As the event holder, you are responsible for all tokens redeemed and not returned. If you leave without paying, your credit card on file will be charged.
- When renting an event area from Irvine Park Railroad, you may purchase the train tokens at a discounted rate of $4.00 per token (regularly $6.00 per token). Twelve months and younger are free.
- Only the person that has rented the area is offered the discount on train tokens and is able to pick the tokens up from the train station. A valid credit card will need to be on file.
- Pony rides are $8.00 each and can be purchased at the pony booth.
Moon Bounce Rules and Regulations
- Moon bounce times are 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (November-March) and 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (April-October). The moon bounce can be rented for up to six hours (e.g., 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). When booking, you will select your six-hour time slot during the available hours.
- No refund for the moon bounce will be issued unless it is raining on the morning of your party. If weather is inclement, Irvine Park Railroad will check with you before setting up the moon bounce. There are no refunds for the moon bounce after it has been set up, regardless of whether. No exceptions.
- Should Irvine Park Railroad or Irvine Regional Park close for any unforeseen circumstance on the day of your event, you will be issued a full refund. This is the only reason a refund will be issued.
- Always have adult supervision while there are children inside of the moon bounce.
- No food, candy, drinks, or party favors are permitted inside the moon bounce at any time.
- Remove all sharp and pointed objects before entering moon bounce.
- Absolutely NO SILLY STRING used inside or around the moon bounce. You will be subject to a $100.00 cleaning fee if any Silly String is found in or around the moon bounce.
- No shoes or sandals inside the moon bounce at any time (bare feet or socks only). Please remove glasses, jewelry, and/or belts before jumping.
- Animals are not allowed inside the moon bounce.
- Hanging from the top or sides of the moon bounce is not allowed. Instruct children to bounce away from the entrance and side netting.
- Flips, wrestling, running, or pushing, inside the moon bounce is prohibited.
- Do not enter the moon bounce if you are pregnant or have physical problems.
- Do not turn equipment on or off. Please inform Irvine Park Railroad when you are finished. If moon bounce is left up without adult supervision, you are responsible for all damages incurred.
- Flame, flammables, or smoking within fifty (50) feet of the moon bounce is prohibited.
- If Irvine Park Railroad sees that the rules are not being followed, we have the right to shut down and pick up the moon bounce without refunding your money.
- Moon bounce rentals are subject to a $100.00 cleaning fee if left damaged or dirty.
- Please Note: Do not plug any other equipment into the generator or any other outlet when a moon bounce blower is plugged into at any time.
- For more detailed information on other activities at Irvine Regional Park, please visit www.irvinepark.com/rides-attra… check hours of all activities and attractions inside of Irvine Regional Park at www.IrvineParkRailroad.com… areas may be decorated (e.g., balloons, streamers, banners, etc.) as long as all decorations are taken down by the end of your event.
- Should you have any questions or concerns on the day of your party, a manager will be happy to help. Managers are located at the train station.
- When renting an event area from Irvine Park Railroad, you may purchase the train tokens at a discounted rate of $4.00 per token (regularly $6.00). 12 months and younger are free.
- Pony rides are $8 each and may be purchased for cash only at the pony ride entrance.
- Irvine Park Railroad can keep a running tab for guests that have rented an event area with us for train tokens on the day of your party. Any unused tokens can be returned at the end of the day. Final payment is due at that time. As the event holder, you are responsible for all tokens redeemed and not returned. If you leave without paying, your credit card on file will be charged.
- For more detailed information on other activities at Irvine Regional Park please visit www.IrvineParkRailroad.com.
Tips & Reminders
- Please check hours of all activities and attractions inside of Irvine Regional Park at www.IrvineParkRailroad.com.
- Rental areas may be decorated (ex. balloons, streamers, banners, etc.) as long as all decorations are taken down by the end of the day.