We are looking for a friendly and outgoing individual to be a train engineer.
An engineer mainly operates the train, enjoys working with the public and is
comfortable with public speaking. Most shifts are 6-8 hours. This position
is great for retirees and those looking for a small, part-time job.
- Starting Wage: $17.00 per hour
- Certification Wage: $19.00 per hour
Core Job Responsibilities
- Operate the train in a safe manner.
- Interact with park visitors in a friendly manner.
- Load and unload passengers safely.
- Supervise large groups of people throughout the train ride.
- Clean & basic maintenance of the train and boarding area.
- Narrate the train ride. (public speaking).
- Pull tickets and work with the public.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Available for special events (March/April, September/October, and November/December.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. (propane tanks/PA battery).
- Work on your feet for 6-8 hour shifts.
- Able to walk the train tracks for inspection (approximately 1 mile).
- Must be able to get to and from work.