Join us on Saturday, September 23rd to see if pumpkin growers have what it takes to win a prize for growing the biggest pumpkin. Cash prizes will be awarded.
On this day only, we’ll have a live band and a lot of giant pumpkins. All Pumpkin Patch activities will be open and can be enjoyed by all visitors.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR FOR THIS EVENT PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
September 23, 2017
11:00 am – 1:00 pm
LIVE band – The Ponderosa Aces
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
ENTRANCE TO THE WEIGH-OFF IS FREE
Activity tickets are $5.00 each
Book of 15 tickets are $60.00 ($15.00 savings)
View all pumpkin patch activities HERE
IRVINE REGIONAL PARK ENTRANCE FEE
Weekends $5.00 per vehicle
Please see Event Parking for details
Great Pumpkin Weigh-Off Prizes
1st Place: $5,000.00
2nd Place: $1,500.00
3rd Place: $800.00
4th Place: $300.00
5th Place: $100.00
Prettiest Pumpkin: $100.00 Gift Card
Ugliest Pumpkin: $100.00 Gift Card
Youngest Grower: $100.00 Gift Card
Oldest Grower: $100.00 Gift Card
- The top 3 pumpkins must remain at Irvine Park Railroad through Monday, September 25th to be part of a special display. At the conclusion of the event, growers may collect their pumpkins and seeds.
- Pumpkins must be grown, cared for, and entered by the weigh-off contestant.
- Each contestant is limited to one entry.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be distributed equally among the tied parties.
- Decisions of the judges are final in all cases.
Delivery of Entries
- Growers are responsible for bringing their entries to the weigh-off by 8:00 am. Weigh-off staff will move pumpkins by forklift. All entries will be handled with care.
- Pre-registration is due by September 17th. Please pre-register so we have an accurate count of entries. Your cooperation will help us run a well-organized event.
We would like to thank all of our generous sponsors for donating to this years event
Become a Contestant!
If you prefer to contact us by phone, our telephone number is (714) 997-3968.
2016 WEIGH-OFF RESULTS
|Place||Name, City and State||Weight of the pumpkin||Prize|
|1st||Chris Dunn, Torrance CA||1,452 lbs||$2,500|
|2nd||Vince George, Santee CA||1,082 lbs||$1,000|
|3rd||John Brinkley, Fullerton CA||566 lbs||$500|
|4th||Kevin Donahue, Mission Viejo CA||311 lbs||$300|
|5th||Jonis Smith, Mission Viejo CA||215 lbs||$100|
|6th||Tom Rogers, Mission Viejo CA||207 lbs|
|7th||Hermelidio Contreras, Puente CA||161 lbs|
|8th||Mae Powell, Pasadena CA||160 lbs|
|Category||Name, City and State||Weight of the pumpkin||Prize|
|Prettiest||Tom Rogers, Mission Viejo CA||207 lbs||$100 Gift Card|
|Ugliest||Mae Powell, Pasadena CA||160 lbs||$100 Gift Card|
|Youngest||Jonis Smith, Mission Viejo CA||215 lbs||$100 Gift Card|
|Oldest||Mae Powell, Pasadena CA||160 lbs||$100 Gift Card|